Living Learning Community
Nursing @ Nike
Nursing @ Nike gives UCF Nursing-Pending students an opportunity to live and learn together in an on-campus housing community their first year in college. The goal of Nursing @ Nike is to provide support to its residents, through a unique partnership between the College of Nursing and Housing & Residence Life.
Academic & Social Benefits
- Small, 36-bed on-campus community
- Kick-off retreat held at the College of Nursing, as well as a variety of scheduled monthly activities
- The transition between high school and college life is eased by equipping each student with the tools for success in college
- Students complete nursing prerequisite courses and general education requirements together, which helps to build an academic cohort
- Residents are encouraged to join the Association of Pre-Nursing Students
- Nursing @ Nike residents are required to enroll in an exploratory nursing course, NSP 1800 Nursing as a Profession. This course will be taken by all residents in the fall semester and it is taught by a College of Nursing faculty member.
- Nursing as a Profession is designed to introduce first time in college students to the role of a Registered Nurse, as well as career options and specializations in nursing.
- The course curriculum will encourage students to establish supportive relationships with nursing peers and College of Nursing faculty, to become part of the academic community at UCF, and to connect with the Association of Pre-Nursing Students.
- You must be offered admission to UCF and apply for housing online via myUCF
- Once you have applied for housing on the Orlando Main Campus for fall/spring via myUCF, you will be able to submit a Living Learning Community application for Nursing @ Nike via the myUCF housing application system
- Within myUCF, navigate to Student Self Service > Housing > Living Learning to submit your application
- Students who have a valid fall/spring Orlando Main Campus housing agreement, and apply for Nursing @ Nike through the Living Learning application, will be placed in Building 102 in the Nike Community, if selected to be part of this Living Learning Community